I had a lot of e-mails to read after my trip to Cape Town, South Africa, where time was too precious to spend in front of a computer monitor. In particular, I had a lot of brew news to catch up on. I’ll have several posts from my African adventure, but for now, here are a few noteworthy events and announcements from the week that was:
- Heavy Seas Real Ale and BBQ Fest will be held at the Clipper City Brewery in Baltimore, MD on March 27 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Brewer’s Alley in Frederick, MD presents its Grand Easter Buffet on April 4. Tempting food and brew menu.
- 45 brewers signed up so far for the Boston Beer Summit, April 16-17 at the Park Plaza Castle in Boston, MA; I can say from experience that this is an awesome brew fest.
- Tickets are on sale for the 3rd annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring over 325 craft beers from more than 80 American brewers. Held at the Seaport World Trader Center in Boston, MA, June 18-19. The largest celebration of American craft beer on the east coast.
- Save the Dates for the Northern Virgina BrewFests: June 26-27 for the Summer BrewFest in Leesburg, VA and October 23-24 for the Fall BrewFest in Centreville, VA.