Speaking of fall 12-packs, I’m working my way through my second case of Saranac’s 12 Beers A Falling. The 12-pack includes:
- Saranac Irish Red Ale, light and drinkable at 4.5% ABV
- Saranac India Pale Ale, nice hop aroma and flavor from the Cascade hops, a decent-enough IPA (5.8%)
- Saranac Black Forest, don’t let the color fool you — this Bavarian black beer is a smooth drinker (5.3%)
- Saranac Pumpkin Ale, a spicy pumpkin brew made with Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Allspice, Cloves, Ginger and Vanilla (5.4%)
- Saranac Octoberfest, a traditional Octoberfest lager (5.4%)
- Saranac Caramel Porter, a delicious, flavorful porter, and my favorite beer of the 12-pack (5.4%)
You gotta love Saranac mixed 12-packs for the variety of beers and the affordable price. The fall 12-pack is only available through October, so grab this one while you can. I found mine at Magruder’s in D.C.
We enjoyed our first case of 12 Beers A Falling on September 25 while watching college football at a family gathering I hosted to celebrate my parent’s 44th wedding anniversary. In attendance were my parents, who were visiting from Florida, sister Susan and her family, and sister Jen. I know that Saranac isn’t exactly a special occasion beer, so I dug into my fledgling beer cellar for a bomber of Sea Smoke, a Smoked Barleywine Ale (7.7%) that is part of the Manly Men Beer Club series from Bar Harbor Brewing Company. I enjoyed having my entire family over for dinner, even if I did have to sit through a 11-person family portrait earlier in the day.
Pingback: Saranac – What Ales You? « Boa Beer Blog·