Another entry in my occasional series of posts about variety 12-packs…
Where I found it: On the beer shelves at the Harris Teeter in Arlington, Virginia.
Beers: Two bottles each of “Folly Favorites”:
- Fat Tire, a well-balanced session Amber — simply a classic (5.2%)
- Ranger, an American-style IPA brewed for hopheads (6.5%, 70 IBU)
- Rampant a well-built Imperial IPA (8.5%, 85 IBU)
- 1554 Black Lager, this black brew “uses a lager yeast strain and dark chocolaty malts to redefine what dark beer can be” (5.6%)
And four bottles of a “Revival Beer”:
- Giddy Up, a unique ale brewed with Lemon Peel and infused with Espresso (6.0%)
Best Beer: Tough choice for best beer in this mixed 12-pack. I’ve never had a beer like the amazing Giddy Up. But but I love IPAs, especially Imperial IPAs. Ranger is one of my favorite IPAs and Rampant ramps it up even more.
This is a outstanding 12-pack. It would be better if New Belgium replaced two Giddy Ups, with their Tripel.