Another entry in my occasional series about variety 12-packs…
The weatherman is not cooperating. Just as we were enjoying the first 60-degree days of the year, temperatures are dipping again and there’s a chance of snow next week! Enough already, bring me spring!
At least the brewers are cooperating. I’m enjoying mixed 12-packs of spring brew, weather be damned. The latest: Saranac 12 Beers a Springing.
The 12 pack included:
- Prism White Ale, this delicious citrusy brew borders on a White IPA (5.2%)
- Forbidden IPA, We’d tell you how we brew it, but then we’d have to kill you (5.0%)
- Pale Ale, a crisp, classic English Pale Ale (5.5%)
- Red IPA, a garnet IPA with toffee notes (6.0%)
- Dry Hop Lager, a traditional German lager with a hoppy finish (6.0%)
- Irish Stout, a smooth Irish-style Stout (5.5%)
I really liked this hop-heavy variety pack, and I’ll definitely buy it again this spring.
F.X. Matt Brewing Company in Utica, New York brews the Saranac line of beers.