My blogging may have slowed down over the summer, but my beer drinking didn’t! As I catch up on some of my beer drinking adventures from the summer, I’ll write an entry for my beer travelogue about my first visit to Tall Tales Brewing Company.
I was on my way to Ocean City, Maryland for a weekend camping trip at Frontier Town. Tall Tales is conveniently located in Parsonsburg, on the way to OC just off Route 50.
It was a beautiful summer afternoon — perfect for a beer sampler and appetizer on the kid- and dog-friendly back patio.
My sampler included:
- Apple Ale, a refreshing light-bodied ale (5.2%)
- Some Beach, a light Blonde Ale (4.8%)
- Red Headed Step Child, a strong and dark Irish Red Ale (6.5%)
- Calamity Jane, a California Blonde Ale (4.8%)
- Excalibur, a smooth and hoppy IPA (6.8%)
I also tried the:
- Bonnie & Clyde, a heavy, strong, and complex Imperial IPA (8.3%)
- John Henry, a sessionable Dry Stout (5.0%)
- Sasquatch, a heavy-bodied boozy Imperial Stout (8.4%)
The back bar features a brick pizza oven, and I couldn’t resist ordering the Eastern Shore Crab Pizza. When in Rome…
Tall Tales will be a must-stop on any future trip to Ocean City due to the super-friendly service, delicious pizza, and fresh local brew.