As the calendar turns to 2016, I still have some 2015 beer adventures to blog…this one is an entry for my beer travelogue.
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, November 2015 — The beer highlight of my meeting in Philadelphia was my visit to 2nd Story Brewing Company. I liked it so much, I went twice!
- Fritzie’s Lager, a Vienna Lager (4.9%)
- Adsultim, an intensely hopped Imperial IPA (8.0%)
- Who Dunnit, a hoppy American Pale Ale (4.5%)
- Pour Me Stout, a dry Irish Stout (3.8%)
- Berliner Weiss, a tart German wheat beer (3.6%)
- Bonfire Brown Ale, this Brown Ale is perfect for the fall season (5.5%)
- Brewer’s Widow, this Black Ale is “dark, lucious, hoppy, & sessionable” (3.7%)
- Great Pumpkin Porter, a strong and tasty fall seasonal (7.7%)
- Thrills N Pils, a classic German Pilsner (4.5%)
- Dirty Brunette, a Belgian Brown Ale (7.2%)
- Evolve IPA, an American IPA (6.8%)
The beer chalkboard isn’t a great picture – I hate it when brewpub chalkboards are ill-lit for photographs. But I wanted to include it in this post because I liked the “Where the Wild Brews Are” theme.
With the closing of my old stand-by Nodding Head, I can see 2nd Story becoming my new downtown Philly go-to brewpub!Follow @boabeerblog