Another entry for my beer travelogue…
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania, Presidents Day Weekend 2016 — I was in the Philadelphia area over Presidents Day weekend for my son’s hockey tournament and found time for some beer adventures.
I stumbled upon Boxcar Brewing Company using my trusty BreweryMap app, and it was quite a find!
Boxcar was tucked into a small row of warehouses with a tiny but welcoming tasting room.
- Passenger Ale, an easy drinking English Mild (4.7%)
- 1492 American Pale Ale, a smooth and hoppy Pale Ale (6.5%)
- Mr. Pumpcan, a traditionally-spiced dark amber Pumpkin Ale (4.2%)
- Boomer Brown, a classic Southern English Brown Ale (5.0%)
- Dolly Flopper IPA, a West Coast-style IPA (7.2%)
- Mango Ginger Pale Ale, a Pale Ale with hints of mango and ginger (5.8%)
Favorite Beer: The Dolly Flopper IPA was delicious, but my favorite brew was the Mango Ginger Pale Ale. Mango is my favorite fruit so you know I’d love it in a beer! I’d love to get my hands on some of this brew for weekends at the pool this summer. I brought home a six-pack but it didn’t last long!
I was most impressed with: The friendly brewer, who patiently poured the beer and chatted about the brewery while shuffling back and forth between the tasting room and the brewery operation.
And oh by the way: Boxcar also has a brewpub in downtown West Chester. As much as I enjoyed checking out the brewery, I’ll definitely hit the brewpub the next time I’m in town.Follow @boabeerblog