Another entry in my occasional series of posts about variety 12-packs…
Beers: Devils Backbone Brewing Company’s 2016 Adventure Pack sampler features collaboration brews with five different breweries:
- Another State of Kind with Sun King Brewery, a Double Dank Cream-Style Ale described as exhilarating, dank, pale (6.8%, 68 IBU)
- Risen with Surly Brewing Company, a Coffee and Oak Double Brown Ale described as lavish, coffee, toast (8.4%, 50 IBU)
- Double Pacific Ale with Thunder Road Brewing Company, a Strong Australian-Inspired Ale described as bountiful, smooth, tropical (8.4%, 50 IBU)
- Session IPL with NoDa Brewing Company, a Session Pale Lager described as hoppy, restorative, crisp (3.8%, 60 IBU)
- Seven Summits with Wicked Weed Brewing, an Imperial Stout described as complex, terrestrial, resolute (10.5%, 20 IBU)
The mixed 12-pack also includes Devils Backbone’s Vienna Lager, a classic award-winning Lager, described as mild, toasted, caramel (5.2%, 18 IBU)
Check out the report from the Washington Post for a great article on this amazing 12-pack.
What’s cool about this 12-pack: None of the collaboration breweries are regularly found in the DMV, but I’ve been to three of the five: NoDa in Charlotte, Wicked Weed in Asheville, and Surly in Minneapolis.
Favorite Beer: Wow! These brews represent a variety of styles and are all excellent, so it’d be too hard to call one my favorite.
Where I found it: In the beer cooler at the Harris Teeter in Arlington, Virginia.