I love buying mixed 12-packs and I came across a new one recently in the V Pack from Fordham Brewing Company. I’ve always liked Fordham, which started as a brewpub — the Rams Head Tavern in Annapolis, Maryland. Fordham’s rapid growth resulted in the building of a new brewery in Dover, DE in 2003. I was disappointed to see the brewing company leave Maryland, but Rams Head Tavern continues to serve Fordham brews and is one of our favorite stops when visiting Annapolis.
Anyway, about the V Pack, which features three bottles of four different brews:
- Copperhead Ale, an Altbier and Fordham’s flagship beer (5.2%)
- Helles Lager, a clean Bavarian style lager (5.4%)
- Tavern Ale, an American Pale Ale (6.1%)
- Spiced Harvest Ale, Fordham’s fall seasonal is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, clove, allspice, and pumpkin (6.6%)
One of the reasons I love beer blogging is that in the drafting of blog posts, I do a lot of online research about the brewery I am writing about and I always learn something new. In the case of Fordham Brewing Company, the research related to this post resulted in adding three new tasks to my beer to-do list:
- Find Scotch Ale, Fordham’s winter seasonal that I enjoy every year.
- Find Rams Head IPA, a new year-round beer that Fordham is adding to its portfolio. This aggressively hopped West Coast-style IPA clocks in at 75 IBUs and 7.5%. It will hit the shelves and taps next month – I gotta find some of this.
- Visit the Rams Head Shore House on Kent Island during one of our trips back and forth to Maryland’s Eastern Shore. I want to visit for the Fordham beers, sure, but also for the Pocomoke Rockfish, a dish named after my hometown!
Want to learn more about the V Pack? Check out Fordham’s video: