Here in the DMV, we just had a weekend with temperatures in the mid 50s, so I shouldn’t be surprised to see spring brew on the shelf at the beer store. Sure, it’s only mid-January, but finding spring brew is a great sign – it means that spring is right around the corner.
I usually hold off on buying seasonal beer before its proper season, but I couldn’t pass up the Samuel Adams Spring Thaw Variety Pack because it features three new Sam Adams beers, and I’m always eager to try new Sam brew. The mixed 12-pack included:
- NEW Maple Pecan Porter, brewed with New England maple syrup, this tasty brew has notes of pecan and a nutty finish
- NEW Double Agent IPL, combines the smoothness of a lager with the distinct hoppy flavor of an IPA – an India Pale Lager?
- NEW White Lantern, this hazy White Ale is brewed with tangerine and coriander for a citrusy flavor
- Boston Lager, one of my favorite session beers
- Irish Red, this brew has a beautiful deep red color and smooth flavor
- Alpine Spring, a citrusy, unfiltered lager
This is a great 12-pack — all of the beers are excellent and there’s a nice variety of styles. My fridge will be stocked with the the Sam Adams Spring Thaw Variety Pack this spring. And through the end of this winter too, I guess.
Pingback: Sam Adams Beers of Summer 2014 | Boa Beer Blog·