More from my Maine Beer Trip Report…
After enjoying two mixed 12-packs of Maine brew during my summer vacation, I wanted to take some home. I left the state with a nice selection that I can’t find back in the DMV, My stockpile included:
The 12-pack includes two beers I tried in my nine-beer sampler at the Gritty’s brewpub in Freeport, Original Pub Style and Halloween Ale, along with two I didn’t sample at the pub, Best Brown Ale and Maine’s Best IPA.
The 12-pack includes:
- Summer Session Ale, a traditional summer wheat beer marries a West Coast pale ale (5.0%)
- Pale Ale, a complex hybrid between a West-Coast Pale Ale and a British-Style Pale Ale (5.1%)
- Nut Brown Ale, starts out very smooth like an English-style Brown Ale and ends with a crisp, nutty finish (4.7)%
- IPA, a strong, assertive, hop-forward IPA (7.2%)
Peak Organic offered some of the best brew that I tried from Maine,
In addition to the mix packs, I brought home a six packs of:
- Pamola Xtra Pale Ale, Baxter Brewing Company, Auburn, ME
- Andrew’s Pale Ale and Brown Ale, Andrew’s Brewing Company, Lincolnville, ME
- Geary’s IPA, D.L. Geary Brewing Company, Portland, ME
Finally, I can’t end my Maine beer trip report without mentioning my visit to Novare Res Bier Cafe in downtown Portland, where they were having a Founders tap takeover on the night we visited. I love Founders and loved sampling some of their hard-to-find beers. Thanks to Chris and Tricia for taking me to Novare Res and thanks to Chris for his home brew!Follow @boabeerblog
Reblogged this on Proper_Pour.