Another entry for my beer travelogue…
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island, December 2015 — Between Christmas and New Years, I found myself in Rhode Island and took advantage of the time off to explore the local beer scene. First stop: Trinity Brewhouse.
During the laid-back lunch hour, I sat at the bar and ordered a six-beer sampler rack.
- Redrum, an Imperial Red Ale (9.0%)
- The Bard’s Bitter, a traditional ESB (5.9%)
- Dahk Lagah, a Munich Dunkel (4.8%)
- Captain America, a single hop ale brewed with Citra hops (5.9%)
- McKnight, a wee heavy Scotch Ale (9.1%)
- RI IPA, a crisp, hoppy, and extremely drinkable IPA (7.6%)
- Darkness, a Russian Imperial Stout (9.1%)
- Kölsch, a Gold Medal winner (5.3%)
Favorite Beer: Rhode Island IPA. There’s a good reason that this beer has been brewed for over 20 years – it’s damn good!
I was most impressed with: I can’t point to any one thing because I loved the whole scene – the solid beer line-up, the marghertia pizza, and especially the low-key vibe.
Pingback: Brutopia Brewery and Kitchen | Boa Beer Blog·