Here’s another entry in my occasional series about local brewpubs, this one featuring Rock Bottom in Bethesda, Maryland.
It had been a while since my last visit to Rock Bottom Bethesda, so I ordered the six-beer sampler:
- Kölsch, Rock Bottom’s session beer for the masses, light and drinkable at 5.0%.
- White Ale, a classic Belgian style Wit beer brewed with orange peel and coriander (5.3%)
- IPA, a hoppy West Coast-style IPA (6.5%)
- Red Ale, a copper-colored American-hopped ESB (5.7%)
- Centennial Stout, the rotating house dark beer was an Oatmeal Stout brewed with Centennial hops (6.0%)
- Fire Chief Ale, an Irish-style Red Ale brewed to salute local fire fighters
In addition to my flight, I sampled the Belgian Dubbel and Highland Courage, so I could try every beer on the Rock Bottom Bethesda chalkboard…
Rock Bottom Bethesda is one of my favorite local brewpubs for its comfortable neighborhood vibe, great service, delicious food, and solid beers. I don’t know why it’s been so long since my last visit!