There is an upside to having to fly to Chicago for a meeting near O’Hare Airport – Ram Restaurant and Brewhouse!
My most recent business trip, on September 8-9, found me flying to O’Hare for a meeting at a hotel in Rosemont, near the airport . We had a little time to kill so Todd and I caught a cab over to Ram Restaurant and Brewhouse. Ram serves beer from Big Horn Brewing Company, and I ordered the sampler. There were nine house beers on tap, including three seasonals:
- Barefoot Wit (a seasonal and my favorite)
- Summerfest Ale (drinking the dregs of this seasonal)
- Vienna Lager (nice seasonal – not a style you’ll find often in your local brewpub)
- Chicago Blonde Ale (an ale for the masses)
- Buttface Amber Ale (you have to laugh when the guy on the bar stool beside you says, “I’ll take a Buttface.”)
- Big Horn Hefeweizen
- Total Disorder Porter
- 71 Pale Ale
- Big Red IPA (reddish for an IPA, and delicious)
Great pub food and a large menu of well-made, drinkable beers will have me coming back to Ram whenever I have an overnight trip to O’Hare for a meeting. I just hope it’s not too often.