We celebrated Oktoberfest on Saturday, September 26 at Das Best Oktoberfest at National Harbor, Maryland. Mother Nature didn’t cooperate and instead of Das Best Oktoberfest it was Das Worst Oktoberfest. Well, that might be a little harsh. We’ll call it Das Rainy Oktoberfest.
Because of the steady rain, everyone crammed under the beer tents to stay dry, so it was really hard to squeeze in to get a beer. Despite the hassle, I managed to sample:
- Levitation Ale, Stone Brewing Company, San Diego, CA
- Hop Hog IPA, Lancaster Brewing Company, Lancaster, PA
- Hennepin, Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY
- Lot No. 3 IPA, Evolution Craft Brewing Company, Delmar, DE
- 3 Lions Ale, Oliver Brewery, Baltimore, MD
- Irish Red, Oliver Brewery, Baltimore, MD
- Ironman Pale Ale, Oliver Brewery, Baltimore, MD
- Amber Ale, Oliver Brewery, Baltimore, MD
- Lucky Kat, Magic Hat Brewing Company, Burlington, VT
- Brown Saison, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Chico, CA
- Belgian Trippel, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Chico, CA
If it hadn’t rained, Das Best Oktoberfest could have been an awesome festival. We had an easy time getting in and out of National Harbor, and parking was plentiful. We were given extra beer tokens for wearing German hats. The festival was set-up right beside the Potomac, with great views of the river. The live music was great, and there were a lot of awesome beers to taste.